Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms, Grandmas, Nanas, Bonus Moms, and all the other amazing women in our lives!

Throughout my blog you will see lots of references to my Mom. She started running after I was born and has continued to this day. Without ever pushing my brothers or me to run a race we all have ran countless races and marathons! We all found our own love of running and racing by her example. Our family vacations were to Duluth, Minnesota for two races Grandma's Marathon and the Edmond Fitzgerald Ultra Marathon (which is no longer running) to watch my Mom run. Now we all do the same! 

Here is a picture of the 5 generations on my Mom's side of the family. My Great Grandma (the twins' great, great grandma) turned 101 this December. She is still living alone in the house I have always known her to live in! She is amazing! The boys are young in the picture - only 18 months! Amazing what another 18 months of growth does at that age!

5 generations!

What things do you do as an adult that your Mom did while you were growing up? Are you surprised you do them now? 

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment