Wednesday 24 April 2013

Races = Travel

Recently I have been thinking of places I want to travel and then checking the race calendars to see what race I can do there. I'm traveling to Nashville, TN for the Country Music Marathon this weekend. A weekend away with just me and a friend. . . I'm looking forward to some "me" time! 

My very first destination race also happened to be my very first marathon in Paris, France. My Mom was celebrating her 50th birthday and wanted to run her 10th marathon some place international. It just so happened my spring break was the right timing to make the trip with her. We started our vacation in Amsterdam visiting a family member, spent a few nights in Prague, Czech Republic and then ended our vacation with the marathon and more sight seeing in Paris, France.


Paris Marathon with my Mom!

I checked two huge things off my bucket list 5 years ago: Travel to Paris and Run a Marathon!


This past September I took a girls weekend to Montreal to run the Rock n' Roll Half Marathon. My Mom traveled with me as well - she has the Races = Travel bug too!

My Mom & I at Montreal Half Marathon

Montreal was the first Rock n' Roll series race I have ran. It was a ton of fun! So much great music along the course that I hardly listened to what was on my iPod. I was eager to run another! A friend that also ran Montreal with me suggested the Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville. Count me in! I have always wanted to go to Nashville and I love country music! 


If the weather isn't too hot and I'm having a good running day I may be able to check a couple more things off my bucket list this weekend: Travel to Nashville, TN & run a sub 2:00 half marathon!

Do you plan your travel around races? What is your favorite place to travel to for a race? What's on your travel and/or race bucket list?

2 comments:

  1. That's so great that you share running and travelling with your Mom!! Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! It's definitely an inherent trait in me to run!

      Delete