Monday 29 April 2013

Mommy's Time Away

I always get excited about a weekend away for myself when I'm planning it. Once I'm faced with saying goodbye to the boys I have that mommy guilt twinge in my stomach. I fight that twinge with baking. I figure if I bake some items that at least the hubby & twins will have something to eat while I'm gone. My husband is more than capable of taking care of the twins for a weekend. He has done it several times before and really enjoys his "boy time". 

This morning before my flight I made some banana chocolate chip muffins. One of the twins asked me what I was making and when I told him he said "I love those Mommy!" Which made that mommy guilt twinge in me go away a bit! 



Here is the recipe I used for the muffins. You can omit the chocolate chips to make them healthier (I dare you to try to omit chocolate!)


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
makes 12 muffins

Ingredients

3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or melted butter if you don't have applesauce)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
Chocolate Chips (to taste)

Directions

Mix sugar and egg with mashed bananas. Add applesauce (or butter). In a seperate bowl mix together the soda, powder, salt and flour. Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-20 mins. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!

I of course used Chipits from Hersheys - it's good to know someone in the industry! 


Do you do anything special before you leave your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment